Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree, Elementary Education with a minor concentration in Philosophy, 1976
- Cognitive Interview Technique, 1986
- Juris Doctorate, 1992
- Northwest School of Healing: A 4-year program in shamanic healing, 2005
- Washington State Facilitator training, 2006
- Washington State Mediator training, 2007
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner certification, 2007
- Somatic Experiencing, Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced: A 3-year program in body-based PTSD therapy, 2007
- Masters Degree, Psychology, with a concentration in Marriage & Family Therapy 2019
- I lived in Saudi Arabia as a child. Later, I visited dozens of countries around the world. Wherever I went, I learned important words and ate local food in the most remote places I could find.
- I am a Vietnam veteran and served in combat.
- I was an emergency responder for nearly a decade.
- I’m a certified K-12 teacher and was a tenured Instructor at Tacoma Community College. I was an adjunct professor in undergraduate and postgraduate programs at Central Washington University and at UW.
- I’ve worked to promote diversity and social justice in one form or another for most of my life.
- I’ve worked as a therapist for the Department of Corrections and as a Crisis Counselor, in a hospital emergency room.
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- American Psychological Association (APA)