Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree, Elementary Education with a minor concentration in Philosophy, 1976
- Juris Doctorate, 1992
- Cognitive Interview Technique, 1986
- Northwest School of Healing: A 4-year program in shamanic healing, 2005
- Washington State Facilitator training, 2006
- Washington State Mediator training, 2007
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Practitioner certification, 2007
- Somatic Experiencing, Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced: A 3-year program in body-based PTSD therapy, 2007
- Masters Degree, Psychology, with a concentration in Marriage & Family Therapy 2019
- I lived in Saudi Arabia as a child and have visited other countries in the Middle East, Europe, Central and South America, and the Far East. At one time, I was near-fluent in Spanish and learned important words and phrases in every country I visited.
- I am a Vietnam veteran and served in combat.
- I was an emergency responder for nearly a decade.
- I’ve taught in the K-12 system, was a tenured Instructor in a technical-professional program and taught in undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- I’ve worked to promote diversity and social justice in one form or another for most of my life.
- I worked as a therapist for the Department of Corrections and currently work as a Crisis Counselor in a hospital emergency room.
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH)